The Diocese of Central New York recommends the following resources to congregations reviewing and updating emergency preparedness and response plans:
- FEMA’s Guide for Developing High- Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship. This guide contains resources for active shooter situations, as well as planning principles and content guidelines for overall emergency operations.
- The U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security’s “The Power of Hello” Guide for Houses of Worship (more “Power of Hello” resources here)
- The U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security’s Mitigating Attacks on Houses of Worship Security Guide
- Episcopal Relief & Development’s Comprehensive Preparedness Planning Guide For Congregations. This guide outlines a process to help congregations plan for a disaster, including determining how best to assist vulnerable people in the larger community.
- Episcopal Relief & Development’s US Disaster Program Preparedness Resources outline the basics of emergency preparedness for individuals, families, and congregations.