THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED
One of our responsibilities as Christians is to prepare ourselves, our families, and our parishes to be safe and prepared for life’s eventualities so we can assist ourselves and others.
This interactive workshop will provide an overview of security precautions and common-sense preparations for potential disaster events.
We cannot make you experts in a 75-minute workshop, but we can get you thinking and provide some useful resources.
Presenters: The Rev. Thomas R. Margrave and Mr. Michael Hardin
This is part of our Summer Series. Workshops led by clergy and lay members from throughout the diocese and diocesan staff members. Visit cnyepiscopal.org/summer-series see all the options!
Some questions to ponder for this workshop:
- Do you look in the back seats of your car before getting in?
- Do you routinely check around your home and remove items that a burglar can use to get into your home (Ladders are an excellent example.)?
- Do you have motion-sensitive lights on the garage?
- Do you know the three response options in an active shooter situation?
- Do you have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on every floor of your home? Do you check them monthly?
- Do you have two ways to get out of every room in your house? Do you have a family gathering place in the event of a house fire?
- Do you have a handheld fire extinguisher in the kitchen? Where is it located?
- Do you have seasonal emergency supplies in your car(s)? Do you have a map of the area in your glove box?
- What will your home insurance cover in case of water and wind damage?
- How can I learn about preparing for various types of natural disasters?