The Messenger is the weekly e-mail newsletter of the Diocese of Central New York, providing news, announcements and events from around our diocese and the wider Episcopal Church.
Subscribe to our mailing list or update your profile by entering your e-mail address:
Share your parish’s stories and announcements with the whole Diocese through The Messenger! Please e-mail submissions to email@example.com by Tuesday at noon each week. Sarah Alamond, our Temporary Communications Specialist (covering for Meredith Sanderson’s maternity leave), will edit your submission and contact you if follow-up is needed. Submission does not guarantee publication.
- Article submissions: 250 words or less. If you would like to write a longer piece for the blog on this website, contact Sarah Alamond to discuss your idea.
- Be sure to cover the 5 W’s: Who, What, When, Where and Why.
- Include a website link to more information, if applicable.
- Include one or two good-quality pictures. Clear, colorful photos featuring people and ministries are preferred.
- Include your name and contact information for follow-up.
Please submit your upcoming events in the following format:
Parish & City: Event Name
Event description (50-100 words)
Website link for further information, if applicable.
When: Day, Date, Time.
Where: Venue Name and Address.
Registration/RSVP Instructions: Event cost, if applicable; registration instructions.
Christ Church, Anytown: Celebration of New Ministry
The members of Christ Church cordially invite you to The Celebration of the Life and Ministry and the Welcoming of the Rev. Geraldine Granger as she becomes the parish’s seventeenth rector. Clergy are invited to vest: red stole.
When: Thursday, Oct. 13th, 7:00 p.m.
Where: Christ Church, 123 Main Street, Anytown.
RSVP: By Oct. 7th to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Joe Smith at (555) 555-5555.