In this section, you will find information about funding for ministry–including grants, scholarships and loans–from the Diocese of Central New York and The Episcopal Church.
- Audit Scholarships: A parish audit conducted by the diocesean-retained CPA costs $1,500; $700 scholarships are available from the Diocese.
- Bible and Prayer Book Grant: Assistance for parish purchase of bibles, prayer books and hymnals. Submit written request to Kathleen McDaniel, including titles and quantities to be purchased, reason for the purchase, and total cost.
- Episcopal Fund for Human Need: Small emergency grants to clergy to be used to help individuals in need.
- Five Marks of Mission Block Grants: Grants for projects related to the Five Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion.
- Foundation of the Diocese of Central New York: Program & capital grants and loans to parishes and institutions of the Diocese.
- Global Mission Grants: Matching grants for projects related to global mission.
- Legacy Grants: Using the resources of closed parishes to fund ministries and initiatives in their region.
- Peabody Auto Loan (clergy only): $1,500 loan toward the purchase of a vehicle. Payments are $50 per month for 30 months with no interest. Submit written request to Kathleen McDaniel.
Funding from The Episcopal Church & Affiliates
- Becoming Beloved Community Grants: Grants of up to $20,000 to build capacity in the Church to do the work of racial healing, reconciliation, and justice.
- Constable Fund Grants: Grants of $5,000 to $200,000 for mission work, especially religious education. (link will be posted when grant process is open)
- Evangelism Grants: Grants of up to $2,000 for congregations or up to $8,000 for multi-church, diocesan, provincial and other regional collaborations to fund local and regional evangelism efforts.
- The Episcopal Church Foundation Fellowship Partners Program: Fellowship awards for lay and ordained Episcopalians on either a ministry or academic track.
- Roanridge Trust Awards: Grants for ministries in small towns and rural areas.
- United Thank Offering (UTO): Significant grants for mission and ministry throughout the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion.
- United Thank Offering Young Adult and Seminarian Grants: Grants for young people ages (21-30) and ordination-track Episcopal students.
- Young Adult & Campus Ministry Grants: Grants for young adult and campus ministries.