In this section, you will find information about funding for ministry–including grants, scholarships and loans–from the Diocese of Central New York and The Episcopal Church.
- Audit Scholarships: A parish audit conducted by the diocesean-retained CPA costs $1,500; $700 scholarships are available from the Diocese.
- Bible and Prayer Book Grant: Assistance for parish purchase of bibles, prayer books and hymnals.
- Episcopal Fund for Human Need: Small emergency grants to clergy to be used to help individuals in need.
- Foundation of the Diocese of Central New York: Program & capital grants and loans to parishes and institutions of the Diocese.
- Global Mission Grants: Matching grants for projects related to global mission.
- Ministry Grants: Administered by the Diocesan Board, grants to churches and ministries for projects that reflect current diocesan ministry priorities.
- Peabody Auto Loan (clergy only): $1,500 loan toward the purchase of a vehicle. Payments are $50 per month for 30 months with no interest.
Funding from The Episcopal Church & Affiliates
The Episcopal Church awards nearly $10 million each year in grants and scholarships to support dioceses, projects, institutions and individuals. Visit episcopalchurch.org/grants-and-scholarships to see available grants and scholarships, application information, and eligibility requirements.
The Episcopal Church Foundation offers a Fellowship Partners Program. Fellowships are awarded to support the ministries and studies of lay and ordained Episcopalians.