In this section, you will find information about funding for ministry–including grants, scholarships and loans–from the Diocese of Central New York and The Episcopal Church.
- Audit Scholarships: A parish audit conducted by the diocesean-retained CPA costs $1,500; $700 scholarships are available from the Diocese.
- Bible and Prayer Book Grant: Assistance for parish purchase of bibles, prayer books and hymnals. Submit written request to Kathleen McDaniel, including titles and quantities to be purchased, reason for the purchase, and total cost.
- Episcopal Fund for Human Needs: Small emergency grants to clergy to be used to help individuals in need.
- Five Marks of Mission Block Grants: Grants for projects related to the Five Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion.
- Foundation of the Diocese of Central New York: Program & capital grants and loans to parishes and institutions of the Diocese.
- Global Mission Grants: Matching grants for projects related to global mission.
- Legacy Grants: Using the resources of closed parishes to fund ministries and initiatives in their region.
- Peabody Auto Loan (clergy only): $1,500 loan toward the purchase of a vehicle. Payments are $50 per month for 30 months with no interest. Submit written request to Kathleen McDaniel.
Funding from The Episcopal Church & Affiliates
- Advisory Council on the Stewardship of Creation Grants: Grants of up to $10,000 for creation care initiatives.
- Domestic Poverty Grants: Grants for ministries addressing poverty in the United States. Includes Jubilee Ministry Grants, which are available only to designated Jubilee Centers.
- The Episcopal Church Foundation Fellowship Partners Program: Fellowship awards for lay and ordained Episcopalians on either a ministry or academic track.
- Roanridge Trust Awards: Grants for ministries in small towns and rural areas.
- United Thank Offering (UTO): Grants for mission and ministry throughout the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion.