Please join us for our diocesan Formation and Safe Church Training Day on June 24 at Christ Church in Manlius. We’re reviving something we have done in the past, offering both on-site Safe Church Training as well as workshops for clergy and lay leaders in congregations.
We will begin with a celebration of the Holy Eucharist, then have two workshops in the morning: “Top 10 Things to Keep in Mind for Parish Finances”, offered by The Rev. Steve White, our diocesan treasurer; and “Some Best Practices for Stewardship”, offered by the Diocesan Stewardship Committee.
Lunch will be provided. In-Person Safe Church Training will be offered from 1:30-4:30 PM. It is a requirement for all clergy as well as for all lay leaders to participate in Safe Church Training once every five years.
You may attend the entire day, just the morning sessions, or just the afternoon Safe Church Training.
We are asking for a $10 registration fee to help offset the cost of the day. Many thanks for Christ Church, Manlius for hosting!
Schedule for the Day:
- 9:00-9:45 Welcome, Celebration of Holy Eucharist – Nativity of St. John the Baptist’
- 10:00-11:00 Workshop 1: Steve White, “Top 10 Things to Keep in Mind for Parish Finances”’
- 11:15-12:15 Workshop 2: “Some Best Practices for Stewardship”, Diocesan Stewardship Committee
- 12:15-1:15 Lunch
- 1:30-4:30 Safe Church Training
- 4:30 Brief Closing Prayer & Blessing