Open Clergy Positions
The Diocese of Central New York seeks clergy leaders who can help our faith communities live into our vision “to be the passionate presence of Christ for one another and the world we are called to serve.” If you are discerning a call to new ministry, we invite you to review our parish openings listed below and prayerfully consider if your gifts and abilities match what this faith community seeks.
St. John’s Church
210 North Cayuga Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
Average Sunday Attendance: 110
St. John’s is a welcoming and inclusive church, and Jubilee Center in the heart of downtown Ithaca. There is a strong sense of community, and love and care for others is a central theme. We are blessed with a unique mix of parishioners, including undergraduates and graduate students from the colleges and universities in our community. St. John’s is a holy place where parishioners are equipped to carry out Christ’s mission of service.
- Strengthen relationship with Loaves & Fishes Program
- Continue excellence of worship and music
- Expand stewardship formation and community outreach
- Complete work on Capital Campaign Improvements
St. John’s seeks a rector with these ministry gifts:
- Management and supervisory skills to empower individuals and committees.
- Spiritual leadership and pastoral care.
- Works comfortably with full spectrum of parishioners, ranging from highly educated to underprivileged, marginalized or vulnerable.
- Models and embraces preaching and teaching about stewardship.
Open Positions for Lay Employees
There are no employment opportunities for laypeople at this time.