Open Clergy Positions
The Diocese of Central New York seeks clergy leaders who can help our faith communities live into our vision “to be the passionate presence of Christ for one another and the world we are called to serve.” If you are discerning a call to new ministry, we invite you to review our parish openings listed below and prayerfully consider if your gifts and abilities match what this faith community seeks.
Average Sunday Attendance: 70
Worshiping together is the center of life at St. James’. We come together, raise our voices to praise God, hear the word of God, pray for the needs of the community and the world, and join in the sacrament of the Eucharist. The liturgy feeds our souls.
We are a community of educators, health care professionals, homemakers, lawyers, farmers, engineers, salespersons, tradespeople, students, and retirees. A welcome to participate is extended without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, ability, or political opinion.
St. James’ seeks a rector with these ministry gifts:
- Will join us in mutual ministry.
- Is a good homilist.
- Is a strong spiritual leader.
- Is a pastor who cares for our parish members and community.
- Is a teacher and mentor as we learn to grow in our Christian Faith and help us to share the good news of Jesus Christ our Lord.
St. John’s Church
210 North Cayuga Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
Average Sunday Attendance: 110
St. John’s is a welcoming and inclusive church, and Jubilee Center in the heart of downtown Ithaca. There is a strong sense of community, and love and care for others is a central theme. We are blessed with a unique mix of parishioners, including undergraduates and graduate students from the colleges and universities in our community. St. John’s is a holy place where parishioners are equipped to carry out Christ’s mission of service.
- Strengthen relationship with Loaves & Fishes Program
- Continue excellence of worship and music
- Expand stewardship formation and community outreach
- Complete work on Capital Campaign Improvements
St. John’s seeks a rector with these ministry gifts:
- Management and supervisory skills to empower individuals and committees.
- Spiritual leadership and pastoral care.
- Works comfortably with full spectrum of parishioners, ranging from highly educated to underprivileged, marginalized or vulnerable.
- Models and embraces preaching and teaching about stewardship.
St. Luke’s Church
5402 West Genesee Street
Camillus, New York 13031
Average Sunday Attendance: 80
St. Luke’s is a warm, friendly, family-oriented congregation located in the western suburbs of Syracuse. We are a giving church that is open and accepting of new ideas and yearns to reach out to others and share God’s healing grace.
- Enhance worship opportunities through engaging liturgy and music that is representative for ALL ages.
- Continue outreach efforts into the local community and beyond.
- Support and create new opportunities for lay ministries.
- Increase our membership with an emphasis on young families.
- Increased interaction between all services and age groups.
- Ministering to those in pastoral crisis.
St. Luke’s seeks a rector with these ministry gifts:
- A homilist who can relate the weekly readings to life in the 21stcentury.
- A spiritual leader willing to embrace and lead us through change.
- An energetic and dynamic individual who can relate to all generations.
- Is community-minded in outreach endeavors.
- Pastorally committed to those in crisis.
- Is a leader with vision and the ability to delegate the operation and oversight of parish staff, stewardship efforts, financial stability and conflict resolution while encouraging share leadership with the laity.
- A good teacher in religious instruction.
Open Positions for Lay Employees
110 Oswego Street
Baldwinsville NY 13027
Grace Episcopal Church in Baldwinsville New York seeks a part-time music director to lead, contribute and collaborate in the broad tradition of Episcopal church music. In addition to the choral and organ repertoire, candidates must have or be willing to acquire knowledge of Episcopal liturgical practices. The musical tradition of this parish runs the gamut from chant through occasional contemporary praise music. The Hymnal 1982, Wonder Love and Praise, and the Grace Church Songbook (of parish favorites) are in the pews, and additional pieces both old and new are obtained through CCLI. There is a choral library as well.
Submit resume and cover letter to The Rev. Cathy Carpenter firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Church of Saints Peter & John
169 Genesee Street
Auburn, New York 13021
The Episcopal Church of Saints Peter & John in Auburn seeks an Organist and Choir Director for a small adult choir with weeknight and Sunday morning rehearsal. The position will begin in October 2016.
Sunday worship is at 10:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m in the summer) and on major feast days. We include a closing hymn and postlude at 8:30 a.m. for the earlier service. Funerals and weddings are a separate fee.
Familiarity with Episcopal (or Lutheran, or Roman Catholic) worship helpful.
Organ: 2-manual pipe organ, originally a Roosevelt and substantially rebuilt.
Piano: 1910 Steinway Model B grande.
Responsibilities includes music selection, anthem selection, choir practice, and encouraging congregational singing. Organist to work in coordination with priest and choir.
Organ students have often succeeded in this position.
Submit resume via e-mail (preferred) to email@example.com or by mail to the address above, ATTN: The Rev. Kathlyn Schofield.